Friday, January 8, 2010

January 8, 2010- Welcome to My Blogworld!

Well, it is no secret to my loved ones now that Mike Baby and I are expecting our first family expansion on September 4, 2010. We discovered Sprout last Monday, and are looking forward to his/her arrival!

I had planned on starting a blog this year anyway, because I so dearly miss the blog feature on Myspace now that I'm a FB girl.... And this is a great excuse! However, I assure you that this will not be like all the other pregnancy blogs, full of doctor-visit stats and updates on my nausea and belly girth. No, sirree, here you will find my daily rants on how disagreeable Mike Baby is with any of the names I suggest, details of all the cute maternity clothes I'm buying, pics of cute baby crap that I'm bound to start buying soon too (like baby Ugg's! Oh, it's happening. Trust me.) I'll also take time to throw in some updates on what's happening with Mike and me... we may do something interesting every now and then, after all.

For instance, Mike has gotten really into photography since his recent purchase of a badass Canon digital camera. He in love, and we've taken to trekking through area parks in search of nature photography (on the warmer weekends, anyway.) He's also going to be taking a photo class at Santa Fe soon too! Which is great for all of the belly and baby pics in our near future. There are also some very exciting prospects for GatorTailgating opening up soon and I'll post more about those as they develop.

In other news, I have just started a 4-week certification course in Tourism Crisis Management at UF. Everyone tried to warn me about all the reading involved, but I shrugged it off, as I am an extremely fast reader. What I didn't account for was the fact that I'm a fast reader when I WANT to read something... but a 13 page article on the effects of avian flu on tourism? Now, that makes for some bedtime reading... Mostly because it puts me to sleep! I made it through my first assignment with little anguish, though, and in the meantime I'm signing up for a knitting class through UF Leisure courses- if you've never taken a leisure course from UF or a community education class through Santa Fe, I highly reccomend them! There's all kinds of opportunities to learn a new language, play an instrument, develop computer skills. They're great! Check out the course schedules at http://dept.sfcollege.edu/ce/ce_indexA.html or https://www.union.ufl.edu/leisure/secure/

Stay tuned for more updates as Mike Baby and I journey through all that is pregnancy, and beyond!

No comments:

Post a Comment